Volunteering on Activities to Help Out

If you are interested in helping us through volunteering for an activity, please go to (https://can.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/728852/ then click on "Join a Community" and fill out the form. Once we approve your pending membership request, you will be notified via email with instructions for signing in, to see and volunteer to help. There's also other information and pictures there too. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Okay Here Goes Another Round of Chemo - Staying Whole

Steve: I'm writing this while Dixie is driving us up to Virginia Mason to begin chemotherapy after a week off. 

I'll say this out loud now, so I own what I feel rather than my feelings own me.  I'm angry and sad that I have to go through this, and fear that for all I'm going through, it might not work. For me, acknowledging what I feel is what provides me the power and integrity to maintain a positive attitude, to progress, and keep our challenge and journey in perspective - that Steve needs a part of his whole healed.

So we'll do what we need, and hope that the therapy is working. We have another month before we'll know for sure. We appreciate you keeping your fingers crossed, that we are in your thoughts and prayers, etc. that the chemo is working.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing. and allowing us to make this journey with you.

    with love, Sandy and Jim

    ReplyDelete