Volunteering on Activities to Help Out

If you are interested in helping us through volunteering for an activity, please go to (https://can.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/728852/ then click on "Join a Community" and fill out the form. Once we approve your pending membership request, you will be notified via email with instructions for signing in, to see and volunteer to help. There's also other information and pictures there too. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sicilian Pizza & Yoga

Hi, Steve here. 

I had a dream last night that I was out late at night with friends and we stopped by some street fair for a late snack. I had a real craving for a piece of Sicilian pizza like I've had in Boston.  And sure enough, we found a busy popular place selling fresh hot squares of the pizza. Now the only way I could buy the pizza was if my healthcare provider approved my purchase. So here I am, pacing in front of the steamy glass case filled with hot pizza, phone to my ear, on hold waiting for the next agent! When I do finally get through, they want to know the official registered. name of the joint.  "Fresh Hot Pizza" was not listed, and they needed the name of the clerk to ensure the facility and personnel were "in network". Aargh! It's just a piece of pizza. 

I tried yoga for the first time ever today. It was set up to be gentle and focus on breath, energy flow and optimism - ideal for retreating and recuperating! I loved it! It helped me feel my body as a single integrated whole again, the benefits of cleansing itself of toxins.  And yes, despite the 'dis-ease', the rest of my body can be healthy and fit. This experience is yet another life's lesson and experience I've been bestowed that money cannot buy. Thank you friends :-)



1 comment:

  1. The dream is hilarious. plus made me hungry. Happy about yoga. Thank you for this blog and being able to hear from you both.

    ReplyDelete