Volunteering on Activities to Help Out

If you are interested in helping us through volunteering for an activity, please go to (https://can.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/728852/ then click on "Join a Community" and fill out the form. Once we approve your pending membership request, you will be notified via email with instructions for signing in, to see and volunteer to help. There's also other information and pictures there too. Thank you!

Friday, June 19, 2015

Turn of events- rallying point

This is an occasion I'd appreciate you  rallying on my behalf, bringing your wishes, prayers and positive thought to bear on one thing. This was to be a routine visit to Seattle for my second chemo session. Instead, I've developed a life threatening condition called Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC), which is a serious blood disorder.  My blood is low on platelets that are not being replaced.  The DIC may be due to cancer or the chemo or both. I may rebound from stopping chemo. I need to rebound ASAP. I'll be in the hospital at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle until this condition is stabilized. 

Before, my focus was on quality of life, now it's on life. Be it shorter or longer,  I want to thank each of you for lessons each of have  bestowed on me. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing this scary news. We are going to Kress Lake tomorrow and had hoped it might be a chance to catch up.
    please know that you are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are focused 100% on the DIC leaving you now so your body can resume fighting. 100% Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on my Steve and Dixie news and read the good news (today's follow up post flat tire metaphor) before this one. Thoughts prayers, life, love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete