Volunteering on Activities to Help Out

If you are interested in helping us through volunteering for an activity, please go to (https://can.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/728852/ then click on "Join a Community" and fill out the form. Once we approve your pending membership request, you will be notified via email with instructions for signing in, to see and volunteer to help. There's also other information and pictures there too. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mentor for Eric?

Hi All,
I have been a mentor to a 16 year old boy, Eric,  for the past five years. We've met for an evening nearly weekly over this time. It was bittersweet getting together with him tonight-I am not ready to tell him about my condition until I have a plan.

Eric comes from a family of six that lives in a two bedroom apartment. His sisters and brother probably will not graduate high school, and his mom and dad work 10 hour days for minimum wages.  Eric is exceptional- he is smart )would like to get a college degree), is very caring,  but reserved.  I am heartbroken that Eric may experience losing a stable long time friend/mentor, especially as he is coming of age, and seeks guidance.

Would you know of someone, a male, that would be willing to take over my role as his mentor? Ideally the segue would be over two months.

I'm in touch with Big Bros/Big Sis on this,  as well as grief counseling. As I mentioned, Eric will not been made aware of my condition, until we agree on a plan.

Thanks for your consideration, 

Steve 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you would mind if I looked around a bit for some possible people. What town does this young man live in? Thank you for doing such a great job with him. The extent of your love for humanity shows in your dedication to being a Big Brother! Please let me know and I will do what I can. Lots of love, Barbara Jo

    ReplyDelete